Behaviour for Learning and Positive Relationships: The Respectful Nurturing Autocracy
Teachers are teaching, and children are learning on a foundation of quicksand. Never have there been so many enormous changes within education, imposed in so short a time. Society has also changed hugely. Children seem to have too much power, and the adults in their world appear to lack the skills to claw it back. Dealing with challenge in the classroom or within the home and feeling ill-equipped to deal with it, is not an experience unique to the inept. It is a situation any of us can face at any time, irrespective of age and experience. Essential to securing the best outcomes for children and maintaining your own sanity comes the need to have the right tools for the job and the knowledge to know how and when to use them.
The Course Covers:
- The relationship between emotional needs being met and positive behaviour
- Power dynamics and how they work
- Respectful nurturing autocracy in the classroom
- The most effective strategies for managing your classroom or home
- ‘Naughty Grown Ups’.
- The essential difference between managing behaviour and managing the emotional climate of your classroom
Attending the course will help you to:
- Develop resilience and confidence in yourself as a practitioner
- Learn how and when to use the essential tools for positive behaviour
- Deal with arguing and rudeness effectively
- Counter ‘come backs’ and ‘put downs’ from children and maintain respect and self-esteem – yours and theirs.
- Learn language patterns that work.
- Learn how to control your own arousal levels to maximise success
Please contact me if this is something you would like to investigate.